Timico provide a variety of connectivity solutions suitable for both internet access and point-to-point deployments including Ethernet fibre services, Ethernet in the First Mile (EFM) and, where Ethernet is not available, traditional leased lines at up to 2Mbps.
Local, national or international Ethernet services can also form part of a wide ranging WAN solution.
Ethernet in the First Mile (EFM) is a highly resilient copper-based Ethernet service, capable of carrying high bandwidth symmetric connections into your premises without the need for more costly fibre circuits.
EFM is ideal as a step up from broadband or an alternative to end-to-end Ethernet fibre, providing up to 35Mbps (<3km from the exchange), bundling up to 8 copper pairs from the exchange to your premises to attain the bandwidth.
Why choose EFM?
- Reduced costs – significantly cheaper than legacy leased lines or end-to-end Ethernet fibre
- Reduced delivery timescales - EFM can typically be delivered in 25 days, compared to the months sometimes associated with other dedicated connectivity solutions
- Guaranteed bandwidth – zero contention means your service remains unaffected by any other users on the same exchange
- Up to 35Mbps upstream and downstream - ideal for head office connections and supporting remote or homeworkers
- Excellent resilience - if any of the copper pairs fail, the service would simply adjust to a lower speed rather than failing completely
As an award winning business internet service provider and one of the first partners to offer BT's Wholesale Ethernet services, Timico can provide EFM connections for direct internet access or as part of a managed network.
Ethernet over FTTC
Affordable, high speed dedicated services with a business level SLA, using Generic Ethernet Access over FTTC technology.
Ethernet over Fibre To The Cabinet offers businesses a new Ethernet access type with low setup costs and reduced delivery times compared to similar Ethernet products.
With Etherway-type access capability, it can be used to provide super-fast internet access or be incorporated into a Private Wide Area Network.
Why choose Ethernet over FTTC?
- Value for money – typically a lower cost option than other Ethernet and EFM circuits.
- Guaranteed bandwidth – an uncontended service (unlike ADSL or standard FTTC), providing peace of mind that you don’t have to share your bandwidth with other internet users.
- Super- fast speeds – asymmetric or symmetric access product offering speeds of up to 80Mbps download and up to 20Mbps upload. Symmetric ‘capped’ speeds provide guaranteed bandwidth options that mirror existing Ethernet services.
- Business grade SLA - offers a 7 hour fault resolution SLA.
- Fast installation time- 13 working day lead time.
Note: Ethernet over FTTC requires an existing PSTN line to be provided without any other services enabled on the line, charges for this are not included as part of the Ethernet over FTTC product.
Timico Ethernet circuits provide dedicated and uncontended access to the internet with high availability, security and throughput speeds via one of Timico's POPs. This ensures a superfast, resilient, always-on access service for your business-critical systems and applications.
Timico's Ethernet services, from 10Mbps to 1Gbps, provide a high performing, secure and effective WAN infrastructure that flexibly meet the needs of a multi-site business.
Our Ethernet services allow you to cost-effectively exchange large volumes of traffic - data or voice - between your company's sites. Perfect as a replacement for legacy leased lines or as a step up from broadband, end-to-end fibre delivers maximum resilience and a straightforward upgrade path to support your business critical data and applications. We are able to leverage our own core infrastructure as well as over 1,000 Ethernet POPs located throughout the UK via our virtual network operator agreements, to provide you with faster, more efficient and dependable connections.
As an award winning business Internet Service Provider and one of the first partners to offer BT's Wholesale Ethernet services, Timico can provide Ethernet connections for direct internet access or as part of a managed network.
Catering for all network topologies from point-to-point, hub and spoke or meshed networks, we can deliver Ethernet as part of an IP VPN solution, or our market leading PWAN proposition, which includes broadband tails for backup or satellite offices.
Why choose Timico for Ethernet Fibre?
- Value for money - more bandwidth and lower cost than traditional leased lines
- Reliability - backed by 99.999% availability in the core network, with a full range of backup options and robust SLAs
- Flexibility - choose from national and international circuits from 10Mbps to 1Gbps, with lead times of only 35 days on short haul circuits
- Scalability - a range of flexible bandwidths with an easy upgrade path, scaled to match your growth requirements
- Peace of mind - Fully managed and maintained using Timico’s market leading service wrap
Ethernet over Radio
Ethernet over Radio provides a 100Mbps connection between your premises and the nearest Ethernet network point of presence.
The service is designed as a solution for businesses in locations where standard Ethernet Fibre can’t be provided or where significant Excess Construction Charges (ECCs) would be involved in delivering it, typically greater than £20,000.
Timico can also provide wireless connectivity in similar circumstances including a full design and build service covering specification, design, permissions, civils, mechanical and network build and maintenance.
Ethernet Access Direct
Where Ethernet performance levels need to be guaranteed and bandwidth requirements are high and growing, Ethernet Access Direct (EAD) is a bespoke option for point-to-point data connectivity between your sites. EAD supports a range of requirements including cloud computing, simultaneous online pupil access in classrooms and storage area network connectivity, offering powerful diagnostic features and a range of resilience options.